Today 04 December 2015 a new version of PHP which is PHP 7, has been released with a major upgrade in old PHP and more classes and improvement has been done.According to PHP.net official php website.New PHP is twice fast than the previous version of PHP. Following are the detail of new PHP 7 deliver by PHP.net
We will be covering new feature of the new PHP soon, stay tuned with us.
New PHP version comes with a new version of the Zend Engine, numerous improvements and new features such as
- Improved performance: PHP 7 is up to twice as fast as PHP 5.6
- Significantly reduced memory usage
- Abstract Syntax Tree
- Consistent 64-bit support
- Improved Exception hierarchy
- Many fatal errors converted to Exceptions
- Secure random number generator
- Removed old and unsupported SAPIs and extensions
- The null coalescing operator (??)
- Return and Scalar Type Declarations
- Anonymous Classes
- Zero cost asserts
This book is for PHP developers looking to jump into PHP 7. You’ll need previous experience with PHP in order to understand the topics and examples we’ll cover. The more you know about PHP 5 and OOP, the more you’ll understand why some of the changes are important and how they’ll impact your development.
If you’re a manager or leader of a team looking to work in PHP 7, this book will help your developers quickly catch up on all the changes they need to know about, and even expose some new features they can take advantage of for faster, better development.